Thank you for inviting the SREL Outreach Team to your event or school, or choosing to visit us! In order to book your SREL experience, please fill out the form below. Requirements for each program are listed below. If you have any questions, please call 803-725-2647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UGA Conference Center Programs – Ecologist for a Day, Stream Ecology, and Botanist for a Day (limited-time program)
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 students and up to 30 students, not counting teachers and chaperones
- For the safety of our guests, all visitors must be at least 6 years old
- Programs are generally held from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
- Ecologist for a Day is offered on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Stream Ecology is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Botanist for a Day is offered by special arrangement.
- Programs are held rain or shine.
- Participants must wear clothing and footwear suitable for walking exploration on trails in the woods – closed-toed shoes and long pants are strongly recommended.
- Consider bringing a jacket or coat in case of rain.
- Participants will need to bring a sack lunch.
- Transportation to and from the Conference Center is the responsibility of the group scheduling the event.
Programs at your site – Ecotalks, Exhibits, and Pollinator Program
SREL Outreach team visits many sites throughout the CSRA. SREL’s Pollinator Program is currently full and not taking any new requests at this time. Ecotalks and Exhibits visit book up quickly. It is recommended that an organization book 4-6 months in advance.
Events that are accepted must meet the following criteria:
- Open to the public
- Free to attend (a suggested donation is okay; but no required entrance fees)
- Are within 50 miles of driving distance from SREL or within the 1.25 hours drive time
- Outdoor assemblies (weather dependent) can be held in a fully shaded venue between 50-80° F.
Additional guidelines for Exhibits (Special Events):
- For a half-day (3-4 hours) event, we attend events with an anticipated attendance of 150+ participants
- For full-day events (6-8 hours), we attend events with an anticipated attendance of 300+ participants
- Because the SREL booth includes live animals, we ask that our booth be located away from overtly loud noises such as generators, bounce houses, or loud music preferably by a wall for the comfort and safety of our animals.
School, Community, and After School visits for Ecotalks:
- Schools – To serve as many school sites as possible within the CSRA, we ask that schools follow the guidelines below when registering:
- We will hold up to four assemblies in a day. Assemblies are generally 30-60 minutes in length.
- Both staff and animals need at least one 15-minute break during the visit if more than 2 assemblies are held and a 30-minute break if four assemblies are requested.
- We ask that multiple similar age grades be combined to better meet the needs of staff and animals when SREL staff visit. This ensures that we can meet the social-emotional and academic learning needs of participants.
- We are able to visit schools once during the academic school year unless they are part of the Pollinator Program
- Community and After School – We ask that there be a minimum of 15 participants in attendance for community and after school programs.