Holding a special event for your school or community? Consider inviting SREL to your next large-scale science celebration. SREL Outreach presents displays at many local and regional events to promote awareness of the CSRA’s extraordinary ecosystems to large numbers of people from diverse backgrounds. Exhibits use a combination of informational demonstrations, live animals and plants, and interactive displays to showcase the biodiversity of local ecosystems.
SREL Outreach team visits many sites throughout the CSRA area. Exhibit visits book up quickly. It is recommended that an organization book 4-6 months in advance.
Events that are accepted must meet the following criteria:
- Open to the public
- Free to attend (a suggested donation is okay; but no required entrance fees)
- Are within 50 miles of driving distance from SREL or within the 1.25 hours drive time
- Outdoor assemblies (weather dependent) can be held in a fully shaded venue between 50-80° F
Additional guidelines below:
- For a half-day (3-4 hours) event, we attend events with an anticipated attendance of 150+ participants
- For full-day events (6-8 hours), we attend events with an anticipated attendance of 300+ participants
- Because the SREL booth includes live animals, we ask that our booth be located away from overtly loud noises such as generators, bounce houses, or loud music preferably by a wall for the comfort and safety of our animals.
To invite us to your next event, click here!