Cannot make it to the UGA Conference Center? The SREL Outreach Team can come to your organization. Throughout the year, the Outreach Team visits hundreds of schools, civic, and community organizations with our Ecotalk program. Outreach Team Educators give 30 – 60-minute long engaging ecology talks with live animals in this assembly-style program. Possible topics include animal adaptations, biodiversity, ecology of the southeastern portion of the Atlantic Coastal Plain, endangered species, habitat destruction, and natural resource conservation.
Ecotalk Virtual Visits
Live outside our 50-mile service area? We now offer virtual visits! Scheduled year-round (except October and April), we offer virtual visits bringing the excitement of ecology right to your classroom or group. A minimum of 15 people is required for virtual visits.
Guidelines for School, Community, and After School visits:
- All in-person events must be within 50 miles of driving distance from SREL.
- Schools – To serve as many school sites as possible within the CSRA, we ask that schools follow the guidelines below when registering:
- We will hold up to four assemblies in a day. Assemblies are generally 30-60 minutes in length.
- Both staff and animals need at least one 15-minute break during the visit if more than 2 assemblies are held and a 30-minute break if four assemblies are requested.
- We ask that multiple similar age grades be combined to better meet the needs of staff and animals when SREL staff visit. This ensures that we can meet the social-emotional and academic learning needs of participants.
- We are able to visit schools once during the academic school year unless they are part of the Pollinator Program
- Community and After School – We ask that there be a minimum of 15 participants in attendance for community and after school programs.
- To request one of our programs, click here!